Signals Magazine Issue 131 - Winter 2020
Signals is the museum's quarterly magazine, covering fascinating stories of maritime history, exhibition and events news, behind-the-scenes at the museum, member's updates, volunteer profiles, book reviews and more.
Winter 2020 Features:
Sydney Harbour - What's below the surface?
Captain Cook - A culture of music and dance
Cruising with COVID-19 - Lockdown off Chile
- Sydney's thriving waterways
Tasmania's spotted handfish
- Ceramics and science collaborate to save an endangered species
Cruising with COVID-19
- A member's story of lockdown and escape
Dancing with Cook
- Music and dance in Cook's life and times
An eccentric curriculum
- Crafting larrikins aboard the Nautical School Ships Sabraon and Vernon
'Not all beer and skittles'
- Sydney's marine pilots
Maritime Heritage Around Australia
- Reconciliation Rocks, Cooktown, Queensland
- Colonial aquatints: Indigenous contemporary art
- Cook's Voyages Game
Tales from the Welcome Wall
- Faith, family and a warm welcome to Australia
- My Cathedral In The Sea: a History of the Conway by Harley Stanton
- Remembering the Christchurch attacks
Signals is included in your membership subscription, or available for $4.95 per issue at the museum store.